Sunday, June 7, 2009

Old Man Reports

Well, it has been 2 days and I am still walking around. Yesterday (Day 0) I did a very foolish thing - I went with my boys and rode about 36 miles - starting way too late in the day. Then today (day 1) it was 51 miles. Felt pretty good until the last 10 miles. Then I hit the wall! It seemed like it was ALL up hill and I spent the last hour griding away in 'granny gear'. One thing I saw today was a rattlesnake cross the road right in front of me. I would have run over him if I had not seen him at the last moment. Well tomorrow will be a challenge. How did I get myself into this?

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Hal. Sounds like your having a good time and getting some great exercise. Maybe one of these days I will get off my bum and do something good for me. lol!!!! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hal, What a guy. You will be proud when all of this is over. I know I couldn't make it.

    ReplyDelete