Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 3: Wewoka, OK to Checotah, OK


The old Checotah Schoolhouse?

A typical Freewheel Rest Stop:  The fruit is always fresh!
                We had a great day of riding.  Leaving Wewoka the temperature was 81° with a 10 MPH south breeze.   The roads were relatively flat but rough.  In fact, they were so rough that my backside feels like hamburger tonight.  I have decided to retire the Ross after this ride.  I am sure that newer technology will help with my ride and a nice seat will surely help me avoid rider’s rash.  Of course, losing 50 lbs might help too.

Schooling in Checotah
                Don Keylon and I rode together most of the day.  I am certain he can smoke the course if he were to choose to do so.  He, however, has been hanging back with me.  I am grateful for his company and encouragement.  It’s been great doing the Freewheel with him.  We rode 74 miles today and face 79 miles tomorrow. Better get a good night’s rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment